Photos from U2charist in Mexico City

Welcome to Our U2charist Service Schedule

If you would like to add the U2charist to this schedule, please e-mail Paige Blair She also can provide you with help in getting your service set up. If you would like to tell us about an event that you sponsored, please click on the comment sections below. Thanks

U2charist - Christ Church, Mexico City

U2charist Service Calendar

Thursday, April 5, 2007

U2charist friends,

A quick note to wish you a blessed Holy Week and Easter, and to thank you for all that you are doing to raise awareness about God's call to us to serve Christ through addressing the MDG's. Together we've raised over $67,000 in 20 months, in services all over the world. Please remember to email me with your reflections after you've held your U2 services, so we may include your experiences in our book, and our data.One of our colleagues, Greg Garrett, has a request, and an invitation below. Sounds like a wonderful way to participate in a great book about U2.


Blessings and Peace,
Paige+


From: Greg Garrett

Professor of English, Baylor University
Waco, TX
M.Div. Class of 2007, Episcopal Theological Seminary of the Southwest
Austin, TX


"This summer I'll begin working on a book on U2 for the best-selling "Gospel According to" series published by Westminster John Knox Press, and I'm asking for stories from people who have been profoundly affected by the music of the band. I'd be very interested in hearing from people who would be willing to e-mail me stories about a holy experience with U2's music. Please tell me what particular song, concert, or setting brought you in contact with the music, and if there's a particular life experience that music spoke to (i.e., depression and "Beautiful Day"). I'd like to include some excerpts from these stories in the book and to use this feedback to help determine the songs, albums, and tours I should concentrate on as I prepare to write.

Please send stories to


Let me know if you prefer not to be identified if I quote your story. I can't compensate those who share their stories, but will gratefully acknowledge you in the book, and you'll have the opportunity to share how U2 has been part of your sacred journey with fans and newcomers alike. The book will appear in 2009. "

No comments: